Discover Shinto through its beliefs, values and rituals with 25 pages of lesson plan, activities, homework and assignments, keys and marking grids. All you need to teach on that subject: included and ready to print in this resource!
- Discover a new religion and its gods: Shinto.
- Engage pupils to reflect on their community and own values. Why do we do what we do in our everyday lives?
- Raise awareness in the classroom about values and accountability.
- Engage pupils into talking about their feelings and how to handle them.
- Practice pupils’ analytical and oral presentation skills.
Content - 25 pages
- Detailed course plan divided into two units of about 60 to 90 minutes each. Each unit has sub-units which you can teach separately as well, to fit your schedule better.
- Varied resources, and ready-to-print activities.
- The Microsoft Word format allows you to adapt the course content and worksheet to the specific needs of your pupil.
- Homework in lieu of assessments; however, you’re free to use them or any other worksheets as and when you see fit.
Table of Contents
Unit 1: Shinto, a Religion With a Twist
Video and Questions
Worksheet 1 - Discovering Shinto
Worksheet 1 - KEYS Discovering Shinto
Worksheet 2 - Charade Game
Worksheet 3 - Shinto Shrine Complex
Worksheet 4 - A Special Person…
Worksheet 5 - Relationships: Collecting Data
Worksheet 6 - Amaterasu and Susanoo
Worksheet 7 - Presentation
Marking grid - Oral presentation
This content was made possible with generous support from the Great Britain Sasakawa Foundation.