John Tradescant

Illustration

Ibolya Horvath
by Martin Beek
published on 09 January 2018

John Tradescant the Elder attributed to Emanuel de Criz
The Tradescant collection was sold to Elias Ashmole who transferred it to the Oxford University in 1677 CE. It was housed in a purpose-built building that was opened to the public in 1683 CE and became known as the Ashmolean Museum.

Remove Ads

Advertisement

Remove Ads

Advertisement