This Georgian liturgical cuff dates from 1648 CE and is called "epimanikia" in Greek. It is the liturgical vestments of the Eastern Orthodox Church and Eastern Catholic Churches. They are typically made of flax, silk fabric, gold and silk twine, and silk thread. This cuff depicts Jesus Christ (center), St. Basil (left), and St. John the Baptist (right). One clearly notes the strong Byzantine artistic influence here. This specimen was made in Kartli, which is located in eastern Georgia. (Georgian National Museum, Tbilisi)
Uploaded by James Blake Wiener, published on 18 December 2017 under the following license: Creative Commons: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike. This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon this content non-commercially, as long as they credit the author and license their new creations under the identical terms.