Phra Siratana Chedi

Illustration

Kim Martins
by
published on 20 May 2020
Send to Google Classroom:

On the grounds of Wat Phra Kaew (Bangkok) and a one-minute walk from the Temple of the Emerald Buddha is a golden stupa called Phra Siratana Chedi, erected by King Rama IV in 1855 CE to house Buddha relics. It is a bell shape on a circular base in the Ceylonese style and gives further power and merit to the Chakri dynasty. It is the tallest structure in the grand palace complex and can be seen from the Chao Phraya River. Photo taken 2019 CE.

Remove Ads

Advertisement

About the Author

Kim Martins
Kim is a freelance writer based in New Zealand. She has a B.A. (Hons) in History and an MA in Chaos & Complexity Science. Her special interests are fables and mythology, as well as exploration throughout the ancient world.

Cite This Work

APA Style

Martins, K. (2020, May 20). Phra Siratana Chedi. Ancient History Encyclopedia. Retrieved from https://www.ancient.eu/image/12272/

Chicago Style

Martins, Kim. "Phra Siratana Chedi." Ancient History Encyclopedia. Last modified May 20, 2020. https://www.ancient.eu/image/12272/.

MLA Style

Martins, Kim. "Phra Siratana Chedi." Ancient History Encyclopedia. Ancient History Encyclopedia, 20 May 2020. Web. 29 Sep 2020.

Remove Ads

Advertisement

Support Us

We are a non-profit organization.

Our mission is to engage people with cultural heritage and to improve history education worldwide. Please support Ancient History Encyclopedia Foundation. Thank you!

Donate