|Author||Timothy E. Gregory|
|Publication Date||August 26, 2011|
This revised and expanded edition of the widely-praised A History of Byzantium covers the time of Constantine the Great in AD 306 to the fall of Constantinople in 1453.
- Expands treatment of the middle and later Byzantine periods, incorporating new archaeological evidence
- Includes additional maps and photographs, and a newly annotated, updated bibliography
- Incorporates a new section on web resources for Byzantium studies
- Demonstrates that Byzantium was important in its own right but also served as a bridge between East and West and ancient and modern society
- Situates Byzantium in its broader historical context with a new comparative timeline and textboxes