|Publication Date||June 9, 2008|
Robin Seager has updated his classic biography of Tiberius, which focuses on the Emperor’s complex character as the key to understanding his reign.
- The most readable account available of the life of Tiberius, the second Roman emperor.
- Argues that Tiberius’ character provides the key to understanding his reign.
- Portrays Tiberius as a man whose virtues and beliefs were corrupted by power.
- Shows how Tiberius’ fears of conspiracy and assassination caused him to lose his grasp of reality.
- A new afterword discusses important new evidence that has come to light on the reign of Tiberius.