|Publication Date||August 13, 2007|
In this updated edition of his concise biography, Werner Eck tells the extraordinary story of Augustus, Rome's first monarch.
- Incorporates literary, archaeological, and legal sources to provide a vivid narrative of Augustus’ brutal rise to power
- Written by one of the world’s leading experts on the Roman empire
- Traces the history of the Roman revolution and Rome’s transformation from a republic to an empire
- Includes a new chapter on legislation, further information on the monuments of the Augustan period, more maps and illustrations, and a stemma of Augustus’ family
- Thorough, straightforward, and organized chronologically, this is an ideal resource for anyone approaching the subject for the first time