Final publication of excavations started by Alan Wace between 1950 and 1955 and finished by Nicolas Verdis between 1957 and 1963. The houses, lying outside the citadel walls to the south-west of the Tomb of Clytemnestra, contained 22,000 ivories as well as the first Linear B tablets found at Mycenae. Finds of all categories, the excavation and architecture are all published here. The function of the houses and their role in the 13th century BC bureacracy is assessed. The microfiche contain detailed catalogues of all the material and scientific analyses of the stirrup jars.
Grants & Sponsorships
Many thanks to the organisations who are kindly helping us through grants or sponsorships:
We have active partnerships to pursue common goals with the following organisations: