|Author||Darrell Max Craig|
|Publication Date||May 15, 2018|
Get This Book
To the Japanese, the sword is a spiritual weapon. It possesses a particular divinity, reflecting the soul of its maker, owner, and user. Around its mystical powers has grown the centuries-old ritual and practice of Samurai swordsmanship which is still avidly practiced today as is a fascinating and intricate martial art. This unique guide unlocks all the mysteries of the ancient tradition of Iaijutsu—explaining the history and significance of the sword in Samurai culture and documenting the techniques of swordsmanship as found in no other martial arts book.
Darrell Max Craig is one of the foremost teachers of Kendo in the West. He spent many years in Japan competing and training at the very highest level. His book, Drawing the Samurai Sword, provides a thorough examination of all aspects of Iaijutsu—including information on sword care and selection, necessary gear, sword and dojo etiquette, and useful drills for practice and demonstration.
This book also teaches readers about:
- How to evaluate your Samurai sword and handle it safely
- How to wear the traditional Hakama uniform
- How to perform the Kata forms to hone your technique
- The brutal history of sword testing, and today's more humane equivalent
- The classic and exciting story of "The Forty-Seven Ronin"
- And much more!
Get This Book