Written by five leading authorities on the classical world, A Brief History of Ancient Greece: Politics, Society, and Culture, Third Edition, is a shorter version of the authors' highly successful Ancient Greece: A Political, Social, and Cultural History, Third Edition (OUP, 2011). It offers a captivating account of Greek civilization and history in all its complexity and variety, covering the entire period from the Bronze Age through the Hellenistic Era.
* New! Extensively revised coverage of early Greece by new coauthor David Tandy
* New! Expanded discussions of military history and archaeology
* New! A revised art program, featuring two eight-page color inserts (one new)
* Uniquely in-depth coverage of social and cultural topics including women and family life, material culture, religion, law, homosexuality, slavery, athletics, and life in the countryside
* Excerpts from ancient documents, selective recommendations for further reading, and a timeline and general introduction that provide a bird's-eye view of Greek history
* Key terms (boldfaced at their first appearance) and an extensive glossary
* An updated Companion Website (coming soon) with a wealth of resources for students and instructors