Revised and updated throughout, the third edition of Ancient Greece presents the political, social, cultural, and economic history and civilization of ancient Greece in all its complexity and variety. Written by five leading authorities on the classical world, this captivating study covers the entire period from the Bronze Age through the Hellenistic Era.
* New! Extensively revised coverage of early Greece by new coauthor David Tandy
* New! A revised art program that includes two eight-page color inserts (one new to this edition), 180 black-and-white photos and line drawings, and eighteen maps
* Uniquely in-depth coverage of social and cultural topics including women and family life, material culture, religion, law, homosexuality, slavery, athletics, and life in the countryside
* Excerpts from ancient documents, selective recommendations for further reading, and a timeline and general introduction that provide a bird's-eye view of Greek history
* Key terms (boldfaced at their first appearance) and an extensive glossary
* New! A Companion Website featuring chapter summaries, self-quizzes, discussion questions, flashcards of key terms, maps, a pronunciation guide, links to useful websites, and a film and television guide