Ancient History Encyclopedia is a non-profit educational website with a global vision: to provide the best ancient history information on the internet for free.
We combine different media, subjects and periods in interactive ways that will help readers understand both the "big picture" and the detail. Editorial review is a key component in our process to ensure highest quality.
We are a non-profit organization that is mostly funded by donations, but we also earn some money with advertisements and commissions on book sales.
You can ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE!
We're the world's most-visited ancient history website with over 934,000 unique readers every month. We also have over 300,000 followers on social media. You can reach out to this network of world travelers, history lovers, teachers and students by booking advertising space on our website, with a number of flexible options. Our new media kit contains more information about our audience, advertising options, and pricing.
Or, simply send an email to our advertising manager at kathryn.peyton [AT] ancient.eu to find out more about how we can help you.
Top 5 Reasons to advertise with us
- We have more monthly readers than any history magazine (print and online combined) or any other ancient history website, including the British Museum and the Louvre.
- Reach your customers of today and tomorrow: The majority of our readers are Generation Y / Millennials with an above-average disposable income.
- Our website is elegant, well-edited and trusted by educators around the world, with over 80% original top-quality content. You will be proud to showcase your product here.
- Real human beings work here. We'll work hard to find just the right customized advertising solution for you!
- Our pricing is flexible and very reasonable.
We have a very interesting audience for most brands. While we are visited by people from all ages, professions, and interests, there are certain trends. Compared to other history publications, our audience is...
- young (peak audience is 25-34 years old)
- affluent (income 36% above US national median)
- educated (57% have a university degree)
In terms of interest, we have found that many of our readers could be described as...
- History enthusiasts
- World travellers
- Book worms
- Film buffs
- Students (34%) and teachers (5%)
Please refer to our media kit for an in-depth analysis of our readers.
Why DO We Display ads?
As our goal is to provide highest-quality ancient history content for free on the internet, we believe that advertisements are in line with our vision. They allow us to cover some minimal costs while keeping access to our site free to all users.
We will never compromise the quality of our content at the request of an advertiser, and we make strong efforts to display ads that are appropriate and tasteful, as well as relevant to our users. We reserve the right to refuse ads which are not in keeping with our vision. Porn, illegal software, scams, and shady financial advertisements are definitely not welcome!
How is the money used?
AHE is staffed by volunteers. Advertising revenue is used to...
- Produce more free content
- Buy reference books for our authors
- Pay for web hosting costs and subscriptions
You can find out more about our use of funds on our donations page.